Conditions that we treat at Joint Medicine include any musculoskeletal injury, degenerative or inflammatory condition.
The most common conditions which we see are listed below
- ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) stretch, tear or rupture (link);
- MCL (medial collateral ligament) stretch, tear or rupture;
- Ankle ligament sprains causing unstable, painful or swollen ankle;
- Whiplash causing widespread micro and macro trauma to the ligaments and fascia of the neck, thoracic and lumbo-sacral spine;
- SIJ (sacroiliac joint) ligament laxity, which usually associated with multiple imbalances in the muscles of the pelvis (link to this subject);
- Wrist ligament strain or tear, causing wrist pain and dysfunction;
- Thumb-base ligament strain causing thumb-base osteoarthritis and pain;
- Big toe ligament strain.
Ligament stretch and strain are suitable to treat with orthobiologics and tears are referred to surgical repair.
- Achilles tendinopathy;
- Tennis elbow /golfers elbow;
- Plantar fascia;
- Rotator cuff injury;
- Bicep tendinopathy; and
- Hamstring tendinopathy.
- Gluteal tendinopathy and tear
- Trigger finger
- wrist, thumb base & fingers
- ankle, foot & toes and
- lumbar spine
- sacro-iliac joint
- thoracic spine
- neck or cervical spine.
Miscellaneous joint conditions
- Frozen shoulder
- Acute and chronic gout
- Meniscal damage of knees
- Osgood Schlatters Disease
- Carpal tunnel syndrome;
- Complex regional pain syndrome.